Memberships And Volunteer Positions:
* American Society of Civil Engineers
* University of Washington Alumni Assoc.
* Structural Engineers Assoc. of Washington State
* WHO'S WHO WORLDWIDE, Registry Of Business Leaders (Life Time)
* Senior Review Official, USA Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, (1999 & 2000 Volunteer Position)
* Senior Structural Engineer & Mentor, For "Falcon SAT II" A Cadet Built Satellite, for USA Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, built to go into permanent orbit around moon.
Engineering Firms Owner:
* John C. Raby & Assoc., Inc. (Washington Engineering Firm)
* John C. Raby P.E. (Hawaii Private Engineering Practice)
* Raby, Talauega & Assoc. (Dormant American Samoa Engineering Firm)
Sold Out Owner, Previous Land Development Projects That Are Completed:
* North Shore Golf & Country Club Subdivision (a 500 Lot Subdivision)
* Mirror Glenn Division III Partnership (a 22 Lot Subdivision)
* Camelot Division III Partnership (a 23 Lot Subdivision)
* Bucklin Hill Inc. (a 180 Lot Condominium & Subdivision)
* John C. Raby, Eastern Washington. (5, 20 Ac. Lots)
* Eagle Heights Subdivision-Div I (a 124 Lot Subdivision in Arlington WA; (Construction in 2002 & 2003)
* Burlington Heights (a 37 lot subdivision in the City of Burlington WA)
* Falcon Meadows (a 19 lot subdivision in the city of Stanwood, WA) (2005)
Owner, Current Land Development Projects Under Planning and Permitting:
* Eagle Heights Subdivision- Div II (a 28 Lot Subdivision in Arlington WA; under Construction in 2005)
* Burlington Acre Lots (a 9 lot subdivision in the City of Burlington WA; under Construction in 2002 & 2003)
* Golden Hills (a 131 Lot Subdivision in Cheney WA, Under Construction in 2005)
* West Meadows Div. I & II (Two 40 lot subdivisions in Spokane WA in 2005)
BRIEF SUMMARY OF PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE: CIVIL
* Engineer of Record for a 1 1/2 sq. mile "Planed Unit Development" Housing Development called "West Campus" that provided over twenty commercial plots, 500 single family houses, and 1000 condominiums. (1979 & 1980)
* Project Engineer for several municipal projects including a King County U.L.I.D. road improvement project. (1980)
* Project Designer, Lake Stevens City Sanitary System, complete with three lift stations, and a 10" diameter trunk line to the treatment plant. (1978)
* Project Engineer, over a period of 20 years, for approximately 100 single family subdivisions and commercial parking lot projects in four Washington State Counties--Skagit, Snohomish, King, and Kitsap Counties. ( 1976 thru 2002)
* Project Field Engineer (Contractors Representative Engineer) for the construction of a large addition to a USA Air Force Station at "Cold Bay" Alaska; design and inspect airport hangars, design airport T-hangars. ( 1973 )
* Project Field Engineer (Owners Representative) for construction of 14 separate multi-family land development projects. (1976 thru 1995)
* Project Engineer (Owners Representative) for Design and Construction of a two lane 40ft. Concrete Bridge over a small creek. (1988) Civil & Structural.
* Project Engineer (Owners Representative) for Design and Construction of a 100ft.x 40ft. Ferry Dock Parking Lot Located in American Samoa, Pago Pago. (1996) Civil & Structural.
* Project Engineer (Owners Representative) for a FAA financed Environmental Assessment Study to Extend the International Runway Located in American Samoa, Pago Pago. (1996) Civil.
* Project Engineer (Owners Representative) for a 115 lot subdivision in Arlington WA. Annexation, Preliminary Plat, Construction Design, and Construction Administration. (2002)
* Project Engineer (Owners Representative) for a 18 lot subdivision in Sedro Wooly WA. Annexation, Preliminary Plat, Construction Design, and Construction Administration. (2001)
* Project Engineer (Owners Representative) for a 20 lot subdivision in Stanwood WA. Annexation, Preliminary Plat, Construction Design, and Construction Administration. (2002)
* Project Engineer (Owners Representative) for a Commercial Parking Lot in Concrete WA. Annexation, Preliminary Plat, Construction Design, and Construction Administration. (2002)
* Project Engineer (Owners Representative) for a 5 Acre Subdivision in Skagit County WA. Construction Design, (2002)
BRIEF SUMMARY OF PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE: STRUCTURAL
Most Recent: Senior Level Structural Engineer 10/10/2013 to 10/01/2014. (W9 Contract) at Federal Hanford Nuclear Site Responsible For 120, 2 Mil. Gal. Storage Tanks.
30+ years extensive professional "hands on" experience in Industrial, Commercial, Residential, Civil and Structural Project Management. Extensive Civil and Land Development Experience.
Very self-starting, independent strong leadership background in Civil & Structural analysis and design. P.E. of Record for a Very Broad Range of Civil and Structural projects. I Own all necessary Structural Software such as RISA-3D and ACAD-11. Experienced in supervising a small to medium staff.
Excellent Client Relations, Marketing Skills, Processing Permits, and Staff Relations. Design all types of Civil and Structural Projects. Work Related Travel not a problem. Availability: Two Weeks Notice.
Typical Rate: ($90/hr)
Have 2013 NCEES record (see attached NCEES Model-Law certificate) and able to apply for multi State P.E. Licenses for any of the 50 states plus all NCEES subscribing international countries.
2-2-2012 – 3-20-12 : UT (Corp to Corp Contract)
Project Engineer “Under Corp To Corp Contract” for heavy duty Copper Mining Equipment foundations and towers located near Salt Lake City UT.
3-24-12 – 11-1-2012 : WA (Corp to Corp Contract)Resident Civil &Structural Engineer (VA representative) on a Federal Veterans Administration 64,000 sq. ft. 2-Story Hospital Building under construction in Walla Walla WA State. (Corp to Corp Contract Position)
10-3-12 – 11-1-2012: NC (Corp to Corp Contract)
Senior Structural Engineer In Raleigh North Carolina designing a large petroleum tank farm on the East Coast of South Carolina. Using Structural Software: STAAD Pro. & RISA Foundation. (1099 contract)
11-26-2012 To 4/1/2023: NY (Corp to Corp Contract)
NY Senior Structural Forensic Engineer; Inspect damaged Industrial, Commercial and Residential structures. Evaluate buildings age and condition before Hurricane Sandy damage. Provide photographs with captions. Provide a complete report on each structures damage and determine if wind or water caused. Reports are suitable for EFI Global’s Insurance Co. clients to differentiate and evaluate liability assessments. Also If Requested: Expand select reports for Trial and Provide expert witness and trial testimony as needed.
4/1/2013 to 5/1/2013 HI (Corp to Corp Contract)
Client: Hawaii Engineers: HI Senior Civil/Structural Engineer Department Lead; Cell Tower and Solar Panel designs and calculations. Design small concrete bridge repairs and provide construction documents. Re-organize and supervise Civil/Structural Engineering Department.
5/6/2013 to 9/20/2013. TX (W9 Contract)
Reason For Leaving:
RDS Engineers Beaumont TX (Petrochemical)
Senior Civil/Structural Engineer Lead and ACAD Design Lead for Valero Inc. 10% +- estimate deliverables plus Final Design for Concrete Foundation with Structural Steel Platform Tower, Pilling and Civil Underground Construction Plans for a $Multi-Billion Port Arthur Hydrocracker and multi exchanger installation in Port Arthur TX including multi production plant upgrades in LA. Also Designed a concrete and steel H-20 truck traffic bridge that crosses over two Valero 36” Diameter product shipping lines.
10/10/2013 to 10/01/2014. (W9 Contract) at Federal Hanford Nuclear Site.
Senior Civil/Structural Engineer Design working on new buildings and Tank farm upgrades.
Passed Hazardous Waste and Nuclear Waste courses and carry Dosimeter Badge.
Not allowed to provide detailed work description.
<> Design Engineer for Past Projects:
* New Weyerhaeuser Kraft Mill shipping products pier. (1982)
* New Weyerhaeuser Kraft Mill three story boiler building. (1984)
<> Project Engineer for:
* Post / Pole Building Design. Provided over 200 separate residential and commercial buildings over 22 years. (1980-2002)
* New Weyerhaeuser Kraft Mill electric maintenance building.(1989)
* Retrofit of the Weyerhaeuser Longview main shipping pier.(1989)
* 130,000 sq. ft. concrete slab mini-storage project (on mud flats) with approximately 250 piles supporting post tension concrete slab system.(1995)
* Medium size shopping center approximately 180 piles supporting a concrete beam system.(1994)
* Concrete tilt-up industrial building, 53,000 sq. ft. with attached office area, constructed in three phases.(1994)
* 30,000 sq. ft. tilt-up mini-storage.(1987)
* 28,000 sq.ft. tilt-up office warehouse. (1985)
* Oil transfer building for "Scott Paper". (1997)
* One thousand ft. long pipe bridge for "Scott Paper".(1997)
* State Highway Concrete Pedestrian Bridges. (2002)
* Several Two Story Residences on Steep Lots in Seattle WA. (1996)
* Retaining Walls on steep lots. (1995)
* Structural Engineer for a Safeway "Super Store" building located in Woodinville, WA. (1994)
* Structural Engineer for a Grade School in Monroe WA. (1989)
* Project Engineer for a 60 x 100 School Ground Play Area Building in Republic, WA. (2002)
* Project Engineer (Owners Representative) for Design and Construction of a 100ft x 40ft concrete Pier & Ferry Dock located in American Samoa, Pago Pago. (1996)
BRIEF SUMMARY OF PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE: INSPECTIONS
Provided to date approximately twenty residential inspections complete with reports and recommendations as required for repairs. (1980-2002)
Project Engineer for a three year old 270 unit condominium retrofit; complete with repair plans, construction contract administration and expert witness services.
Complete Inspection for "Weyerhaeuser Longview" Lumber-Kiln Pier with retrofit designs.
Complete Inspection for "Weyerhaeuser Kraft Mill" of six 30ft. diameter sulfide tanks, with repair recommendations.
Inspect and Certify 80ft. span, 25 ton, Cranes for "Weyerhaeuser Kraft Mill" pulp and paper projects building.
Inspect Cascade Cookie manufacturing plant in Seattle and make structural recommendations. (2001)
Inspect seven concrete and brick USA Veterans Administration hospital structures for seismic failures at American Lake near WA (2001)
* John C. Raby & Associates, Inc., Owner : 1979 through 2015
* Garrison Engineering, Burlington WA. :Manage - Civil / Structural Engineer Dept. (2001 & 2002) to present
* Symonds Engineers, Seattle WA. : Manage - Structural Department (2001)
* Group Four, Inc. Lynnwood, Vice President - Engineering (1980)
* Stephan & Assoc., Federal Way, Project Engineer
* Rowlands & Assoc., Kenmore, Project Engineer
* Lee Johnson & Assoc., Everett, Project Engineer
* Gray, Osborn & Assoc., Seattle, Project Designer
* Eknono Consulting Engineers, Bellevue Project Designer
* K Inc., Anchorage, Project Designer
* Bill Champion Inc., Anchorage, Project Engineer
* Dickinson, Oswald & Partners, Anchorage Project Engineer
* Washington Natural Gas Co., Seattle, Project Designer